Recently some of the dedicated volunteers who work to create the resourceful community known as Natural Parents Network met in person during the First Annual Natural Parents Network Team Get-Together. Our family attended the Midwest gathering and I share some of my experience below. I encourage you to enjoy the unique perspectives of the other volunteers through the links at the end.
Last weekend was the first Natural Parents Network Volunteers Get Together. Our family was busy with special anniversary plans and traditions most of the weekend, but we were able to participate in a couple of the activities, including a hike and a cook-out. It was an enjoyable time and I was able to meet some of the other volunteers face to face. I also had a glimpse into something else, which I will save for another time. Now that I’ve met more of these wonderful people face to face, I hope to get to know them better.
As a thank you gift, the Midwest gathering participants received goodie bags with items donated from the following:
- Earth Mama Angel Baby donated an awesome gift bag that included samples of Angel Baby Lotion, Calm & Clean Hand to Toe Wash, Angel Baby Bottom Balm, Natural Nipple Butter, and Organic Milkmaid Tea (Like Earth Mama Angel Baby on FB)
- Lunapads donated beautiful pantyliners (for the women) and organic handkerchiefs (for the men) (Like Lunapads on FB)
- Beauty Without Cruelty donated samples of Rosemary Mint Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner (Like Beauty Without Cruelty on FB))
- The Natural Newborn donated samples of Peppermint Lip Balm and Unscented Hand and Body Lotion (Like The Natural Newborn on FB)
- Tom’s of Maine donated tubes of Wicked Fresh Cool Peppermint Toothpaste and Children’s Fluoride-Free Silly Strawberry Toothpaste (Like Tom’s of Maine on FB)
- ChildOrganics donated samples of Baby Bottom Better and gave our volunteers a coupon code (Like ChildOrganics on FB)
- Mandy at Living Peacefully with Children donated handmade reusable produce bags to put everything in
- Hyvee donated a $25 gift card to offset expenses (Like this Hyvee on FB)
- Heirloom Wooden Toys offered our volunteers a coupon code (Like Heirloom Wooden Toys on FB)
- Natural Pure Essentials offered our volunteers a coupon code (Like Natural Pure Essentials)
To learn more about all the members of the Natural Parents Network team, visit the NPN about page. To become a volunteer for NPN, first please check out what we’re in need of, then contact us if you’re interested in helping out. Here’s information about some of the lovely volunteers, including all of those who are writing about the gathering today:
Midwest Gathering Attendees:
Amy at Peace 4 Parents writes The Value of Parent-to-Parent Support, Truth, Love, and Healing. Also find Amy on Twitter and Facebook.
Mandy at Living Peacefully with Children.
Northwest Gathering Attendees:
Arpita at Up, Down & Natural writes Me And My Ladies ~ First Annual NPN Team Gathering. Also find Arpita on Twitter and Facebook.
Fabulous NPN Volunteers who were unable to attend: